Good day everyone!
I am looking for a little extra help in getting baasho filled up with awesome content. In addition to seeking short story submissions, I am also looking for writers that have an interest in creating editorial content for baasho. I wish I could pay for this content, however when things take off, it will become paid editorial content. This is a great opportunity for those looking to try their hand at writing magazine content or to put a writing credit in their resume.
What am I looking for?
- Book reviews with a focus on new writers or small indie publishers.
- Literary advice of any kind.
- Interviews with authors.
- Reviews on writing products, services, literary destinations, or festivals.
- Anything that might be of an interest to the readers of literary journals geared to the off beat and quirky.
What I’m not looking for:
- Political content. Unless it’s a threat to library funding or endowment for the arts, it’s not what we’re looking for.
- Self reviews. Reviews on your own books, publisher, or services. That’s called advertising. I would love to talk to you about ads space, but not as literary content.
- Advocating violence, drug use, and other destructive behaviors.
Send 2 samples along with a short proposal of your editorial idea to Absarokapress@gmail.com by 7/26/19 for consideration for the inaugural issue of baasho. Submissions past that date will be considered for up coming issues.